View Single Post
Old 12-29-09, 06:46 AM
Racingboo

Bikes: Nothing too special - a Globe Sport, I think it's called. It's a hybrid.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by StanSeven
I've had the same thing before. It's usually caused by tight hip flexors. Hills or sprinting makes it worse.

Stretching really helps. Do a google search of hip flexor (iliopsoas) stretches. The thing to watch out for is overstretching by doing it too hard.
Very excited about that, thanks Stan. I googled it and will add the demonstrated exercises to the next stretch session.

I find that exercise heals me quicker than not doing anything. Nothing that makes my legs feel loaded, just a fair good bit of moderate. Which makes sense, to me anyway. If I want to teach my body to do something - teaching is a active verb. Get that circulation up, loosen up, get fluid to those damaged tissues. Always worked for me.
Carbonfiberboy, thanks for that, and I must concur. Just resting didn't seem to do the job for me, though resting from activities which can make things worse seems vital. I was very happy this morning with how much better I felt. Will be repeating yesterday's regime of maximum dose anti-inflammatories, gentle and careful stretches, alternating application of heat and cold.