View Single Post
Old 03-31-05, 03:32 PM
pearcem

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
get a really good warm up so you are good to go from the beginning. Make sure your warm up includes some higher intensity stuff, too. You want to go all out, but don't blow up, you don' t wanna be puking or unable to keep the cranks turning over at a comfortable rpm halfway through the race. I have never done a TT, but i would say go out HARD, find your rhythm in the middle, and then give it everything you have at the end. It's a pretty short, and relatively shallow climb, so you should be ok holding the intensity. Make sure to get a good cool down, stretch, and have some good recovery foods right after the crit on saturday. a drink like cytomax, endurox, etc... may be a good idea after the race saturday, but make sure you get enough carbs and some protein to help your muscles recover. Also, make sure you have a good breakfast with lots of complex carbs. I am smaller and lighter than you, but i have a bowl of oatmeal (made with water), a banana, and a power bar for breakfast before races. good luck! i am looking into doing some hill climbs for fun (i'm not a great climber), so i would love to hear how it goes.