View Single Post
Old 01-07-10, 02:26 AM
mkeller234
Rustbelt Rider

Bikes: 1990 Trek 1420 - 1978 Raleigh Professional - 1973 Schwinn Collegiate - 1974 Schwinn Suburban

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 261 Post(s)
Liked 372 Times in 177 Posts
Well, as a rider that could be an ok price depending heavily on the condition. That's not a good flip price. Velo-base has the catalog specs for the 1985 model, which lists the tubing as 4130 Cro-molly. I know the model up, the 292s had the Ishiwata EX tubing because I used to have one. The components are fine but nothing flashy.

It's a decent quality bike. The 290s is the lowest level of the signature series road bikes... which still makes it a high end Ross. The signature bikes are actually pretty cool, Ross employed Jim Redcay and Tom Kellogg at seperate times to oversee the signature lines. Some of the really nice ones were actually built by them and have a signature on the chain stay. The 290s was built somewhere overseas but I cannot remember where. My 292s was too big for me but it left me wanting to find one that fits me. What I would really love is to find the Super Record equipped Ross, that would be SWEET!
"(@)'(@)"""''"**|(@)(@)*****''(@)