queerpunk
aka mattio

Bikes: yes

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 344 Post(s)
Liked 58 Times in 35 Posts
Originally Posted by Colin255
Im sick and tired of flat god damn tires.

My stock tube kept going flat on me, even though I found NO leaks in it whatsoever. So finally, after weeks of having to re-pump my tires up once or twice a day, I decided to buy a new ******** tube. So I hit up the BS and I get one, ride home, go to sleep, next day-- its flat. I do not know why road tires are so ****ty.

Im worried because half the times I get a flat, I'm riding on my bike and I don't even realize its flat till I get home. This is pissing me off because now my front tire is not spinning very true any more and Im worried this is going to 'eff with my front brake usage.

/end rant/

How do I deal with this constant failure of my tires?
first of all, if your tube keeps going flat and you can't find any leaks, it means that there are leaks you can't find. this is called a slow leak, and since you can't find it, it usually means that the tube is done. cause if you can't find it, you can't patch it. spend four bucks on a new tube. if the new tube goes flat, it's time to look at other causes - did you run your fingers along the inside and outside of the tire to check for any glass or shards of anything embedded in it? did you make sure that your rim tape is adequately protecting the tube from the spoke holes? do you keep your tires pumped to a level where you'll avoid pinch flats?

if you don't even realize that your tire is flat while you're riding it, i'm not sure if you can blame the road tires.