Old 01-12-10, 12:22 PM
Schwinnhund
Gearhead

Bikes: 1982 Schwinn Sidewinder, Sun EZ-1 Recumbent, Cannondale R-400

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked 10 Times in 8 Posts
You don't have to be moving at all. I am not King Kong, but I can break a rear car window with my fist, and have plenty left over (I have done it before). It doesn't take that much to break a car window. A 160+ lb. man could put his head through a car window at a brisk walking speed, and a good jump.

He is being soaked. It is common in a fender-bender for the car owners to list ALL the damage to their car in a claim, whether or not it was caused by the accident. I have never been involved in an accident, but my wife and children have been in plenty, and I know how crooked the system can be, and usually is, if you don't get your own lawyer. I can assure you, the other person's insurance company has several.

He needs to consult an attorney.

Originally Posted by thirdgenbird
edit:

i know you dont have to be going fast to get hurt (ive been there)

you do have to be going pretty fast to go through the back window of a car (i doubt 5mph would cut it)

list the facts:
the rear window is broken
the trunk lid is dented
contact with the plastic bumper cover was made
taillight was damaged

with this data its safe to say:
replace rear window
pull dent re paint and reinstall trunk lid or buy different lid repaint install
paint bumper cover and install or buy new cover paint and install (depending on damage)
buy and install taillight

this alone is a significant amount of damage for a 9-10 year old car and there could be further damage