Bikes: None, all, it's the same thing

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Review of "Tall Bike Joust" I-phone app

I played a copy of Tall Bike Joust:

http://www.bikeclubgames.com/

I must say, it was fun. The game-play seems to emulate the main challenge of jousting, which is to say: Sure, you can point the lance at the other jouster, but can you keep it pointed there while you pedal at them? I think it would be fun even if I hadn't played the real sport, although this type of game isn't going to occupy months of people's time until two people can play head-to-head, which the developers are working on.

The bike construction is well fleshed-out. You can make the bike from scrap frames. The art is Doyle's, and what can I say? He's an incredible artist. I'm no victim of his fame- I've known him since he was a teenager and we work together- that's a genuine judgment of his body of work. This little gee-gaw is tidy, designed with thought and proper respect, an accurate simulation as far as a game can be expected to be. I've always been impressed with Fountainhead's work, as the only thing that kept B.I.K.E. from being awesome was that Tony was in it, haw haw.

Bike club folks will enjoy jousting against 30 famous faces from BLBC, Cyclecide, Cutthroats, and more... including of course yours truly. Rat Patrol represent! I think the game drops on Feb 1st. How much are I-phone apps? $1? $100? If you have ever chopped a bike or ridden a tallbike this is too fun to resist.

I remember reading something Tony Hawk said... after the video game came out, he was plagued by weirdos who would come up to him and say, "You know that trick you do, the 720?"

"Yes."

"I can do that.... in Pro Skater."

I hope that happens to Doyle..... "I jousted you and I beat you... on my I-phone *snort*"