View Single Post
Old 01-16-10, 07:18 AM
dgk02

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
I've been waiting a while and I'm also not thrilled that batteries are still the big problem. However, it does appear that ebikes have gotten past the point where you had to use them with batteries - I'd like to use it as a regular bike some of the time. I'm seriously considering the new Treks although all are over $2000, or putting a Bionx PL350 on my current old hybrid. Both of those options should give me an ebike that I can do my 30 mile r/t commute on with ease - well, more ease than I have now.

Is it price effective? No, I can take the train and it will be cheaper I think. But I get to enjoy the ride far more on the bike. I'n far from rich but I'm not in debt and have a decent chance at retiring in the next ten years or so - I'm closing in on 58. So, since I could die any day, doesn't it pay to buy a toy I'd really like? But I can't even find one of the Treks around, and I'm in NYC. Maybe I'll look at some of the ones you suggested although there don't seem to be any dealers for them around near me. I ruled out the Giants because they're all just 250s.