Old 01-18-10, 11:00 PM
carleton
Elitist

Mentioned: 88 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1386 Post(s)
Liked 92 Times in 77 Posts
Originally Posted by hipcheck5
Many will shout me down, but Performance is that company. One simple logo, great products, they used to make all the national team gear and the prices are fantastic compared to most companies and definitely ones like Assos and Rapha.
Yes, they are on the right track. But, I've personally had some issues with the quality of their gear (threads breaking, uncomfortable chamois, poor fit). The thing is, Nike, Reebok, Adidas*, and Under Armor and the like are all so far ahead of Performance in terms of quality. Further, they are in a position to leverage some sort of economies of scale to make things a bit less expensive. The performance stuff seems to be fine for the beginner or casual cyclist that puts in a ride or so per week. But, I'm riding up to 6 days a week for hours at a time.

*I know Adidas does make cycling gear, but it's sort of difficult to find and is still pricey. My absolute favorite bib shorts are Adidas. The are black with 3 gray stripes. Perfect. I bought every pair I could find. It's a pity that there was no matching black top to be found.