Old 01-19-10, 07:47 AM
bautieri
Downtown Spanky Brown

Bikes: Motobecane Phantom Cross Pro Kona Lana'I

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Bikesdirect will be fine so long as you accept that you won't have the "support" (whatever the hell that is supposed to be) from a local bike shop. On the flip side, I have never met a bike shop that is not willing to take my money to fix my bike regardless of where I bought it. I'm fortunate in the sense that there are three bike shops within 15 miles of my house and I do buisness at all of them. I'm confident that if you have any issues with your bikesdirect bike you will have no trouble getting it fixed. Just don't expect any freebies. I'd rather see you riding a bike than not. I don't care what the name brand is or where you bought it. Ride your bike and enjoy it. For the reccord, the Phantom Cross Outlaw haunts my dreams. One day I will have one.

Maybe you could make a project out of this. Buy the bikesdirect bike, then photograph and document everything about it. The assembly and inital impressions. How was your expirience? Would you do this again? etc This could help other people who ponder BD.