Old 01-20-10, 11:12 AM
dminor 
Moar cowbell

Bikes: Bike list is not a resume. Nobody cares.

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts
Originally Posted by THonestTeenager
Thank you all for the helpful answers! I guess I cannot put an 8 inch shock then... Oh well. Thanks again!

P.S. Since I'm new, I don't know how to post pictures on this forum.
I've been just laughing but I guess I should actually be helpful for a change.

Everyone here is right - - do not mess with a new shock for that bike. First of all, it being a very small frame, it's a non-standard eye-to-eye (the shock mount eyes) length, so you won't find an adequate replacement. Secondly, the bike is not worth spending that kind of money on (trust me, I know this firsthand - - don't ask). Thirdly, if you were to put any larger shock on, it would throw the entire geometry of the bike off dangerously.

Best to start saving for a new non-discount-store bike to replace it with.

On to posting photos: The best way is to start a free subscription to a photo-hosting site like ImageShack or PhotoBucket and use their easy interface to upload. Once they are there, you can create an easy link to embed them in your post either directly by bracketing the photo's unique URL with [img] [/img] bracketing or letting the reply window do it for you by clicking the little picture icon and pasting the URL into that.