View Single Post
Old 01-21-10, 10:15 PM
meeegun

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Electrik: my saddle is a terry women's butterfly it doesn't seem to hold water, but maybe it does? my pants were only $20. i assumed that since they were rather cheap i wouldn't have to worry about any water coming through on account of them being a fancy (expensive) breathable material...guess i was wrong! i thought i had a standard rain pant, hence me coming here to ask for specific brands that may work since my choice clearly didn't. thanks for the recommendation i checked it out and i think it might be what i need. sweaty is really not a problem for me as i tend to be very cold and it really takes a lot for me to sweat (and when i do it tends to be my back and upper body).

Arcanum: i actually have the marmot precip jacket and find that it is not all that waterproof either but since i am usually pretty layered up the minimal amount of moisture the material lets through isn't a huge issue.

mr fly: no fenders. seems like a hassle to take them on and off especially when i will still end up needing rain pants to keep the rest of my legs dry anyways. even with a fender, the top of my legs would get completely drenched by the rain (this area in addition to my rear was pretty wet by the time i got home today). carrying a complete change of clothes with me back and forth really isn't feasible either (student means lots of heavy textbooks+ no rack or panniers= space is at a premium in the back pack...and a 50 mile commute by train to boot). besides, i am unsure i have enough clearance for a decent fender anyways. probably just the clip on one would work. i have a '98 bianchi eros.

Last edited by meeegun; 01-21-10 at 10:37 PM.