View Single Post
Old 01-27-10, 12:47 PM
stapfam
Time for a change.

Location: 6 miles inland from the coast of Sussex, in the South East of England

Bikes: Dale MT2000. Bianchi FS920 Kona Explosif. Giant TCR C. Boreas Ignis. Pinarello Fp Uno.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by cyclinfool
Stapfam - I bet if you were one of the upper crust you would not want for medical attention in the UK, you might pay out of pocket but you would not want. On the flip side if you were on the bottom, maybe in the country illegally or in some trouble you would get nothing, not sure that is the case in the UK but would not doubt that there are folks living under bridges that really don't get treated.

Sorry bout the knee gov'nr - we ain't got it better - we got it different.
There is Private Health care if you have enough money- or pay the insurance and treatment will be quicker. Not always more efficient though as you would probably get the same Consultant and team as an NHS patient. You would just get it faster and have better food. And a Plastic Surgeon for the scars if surgery involved.

But the NHS is for everyone. We even have "Health Migrants" coming to the UK. Here on holiday with their 2nd cousin removed who is a UK resident- and even they get treated. Once spent 3 hours waiting for my consultant to see me as he had to deal with one of these- through an interpreter.

Spike Milligan