Thread: Utah tour?
View Single Post
Old 01-29-10, 11:07 AM
BigBlueToe

Bikes: Surly LHT, Specialized Rockhopper, Nashbar Touring (old), Specialized Stumpjumper (older), Nishiki Tourer (model unknown)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
I'm planning something similar, but in late March/early April. That's when I have my vacation. I'm wondering if I should take my touring bike and stay on roads, or my mountain bike and do ACA's Utah Cliffs route. Or will the weather still be so iffy at that time that I should just drive my truck to Zion and go riding during the day from there.

I was thinking of heading north out of St. George on 18, then east on 56, maybe via a smaller road to cut off the corner, then through Cedar City. I don't think I want to try Cedar Breaks in March/April, so I'd stay on 14 from Cedar City to Long Valley Junction, then head southwest to Zion. If conditions are right I might try the road between Navajo Lake and Highway 9 east of the park entrance.

My parents used to live in Springdale and Zion is one of my favorite spots, so I'm planning on spending a few days there hiking around.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Last edited by BigBlueToe; 01-29-10 at 03:47 PM.