Mr. Beanz
Banned.

Bikes: Lemond Chambery/Cannondale R-900/Trek 8000 MTB/Burley Duet tandem

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by irclean
After my positive experience with the Liberator I plan to eventually upgrade to the Fly when I hit my first weightloss milestone. I decided to start with the Liberator 'cause I figured it would be less of a shock to my butt (and my wallet!) BTW it seems prices for bikes and parts are always marked up here in Canada. I guess it's because we have a smaller market. Oh, and I love your tandem!
I paid $59 for a Fly about 4 years ago and $69 for this one couple years back. I noticed some of the Fly saddles for $120!... I wait for big sales.

I've even seen goo ddeals at Sport Chalet type stores. I saw the pink Terry Butterfly (reg $100'ish) at a Sport Chalet store for $29 on a clearance rack. Heck, If I weren't so macho......

Thanks, the tandem is a 98 Burley Duet. Some folks at the shop asked if I ride it or take a bath with it! Sheesh, as much as tandems cost, have to take care of them. Paid a bit over $2 for this one back in 98. I looked around wondering if a new tandem would be in the budget, NOPE!

Last edited by Mr. Beanz; 01-29-10 at 05:00 PM.