View Single Post
Old 01-31-10, 09:24 PM
umd
Banned

Bikes: Specialized Tarmac SL2, Specialized Tarmac SL, Giant TCR Composite, Specialized StumpJumper Expert HT

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Two races today, cat 3 in the morning and P123 after 5 hour break.

Cat 3: 54 minutes, 214AP/242NP
Didn't really do much. Pulled a few laps, helped chase down a break, went to the front when a teammate was in a break, but just generally sat in and pack surfed. I was way too far back at the end, didn't really sprint, got 30th.

P123: 73 minutes, 211AP/227NP
Note how much less variability. I've only ever done one P123 race before and I was dropped less than half an hour in. My lofty goal was finishing with the pack. I felt pretty good, had no trouble staying mid pack (or moving back up to mid-pack if I noticed I had slipped back). Best part of the race was towing a teammate up to the front. Second best was hearing that another teammate was in a break that at that point had clearly succeeded, and later finding out he got 5th in the break. Winning from the break was Hilton Clarke. Justin Williams and Rahsaan Bahati got first and second in the field sprint for 6th. The icing on the cake was that I pulled the fred move of sprinting a teammate for a distant placing, but because of it got the last spot on the results sheet. 47th. I'll take it

Edit: Oops, I got 47th. 40 was my bib number

Last edited by umd; 01-31-10 at 11:29 PM.