Old 02-03-10, 06:41 PM
$ick3nin.vend3t
Banned.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by carleton
This thread is about weight training for track cycling, not weight training in general.
I thought it was about increasing strength. I'm just telling you what you need to do to hoist the biggest loads you can possibly achieve in your 3 or 4 main lifts.

That is an over-simplification.
???...

Umm...you are. Remember when you wrote: "These are basically the muscle groups used in the three main lifts, should be strengthened to the absolute max of your potential complementing your big lifts."
If you want to train for mass/size, train specifically for mass/size, throw in the 8000 calories per day, If you want to train for strength, train specifically for strength & the same goes for power or endurance. When I talk about "The muscle groups used in the three main lifts for which should be strengthened to the absolute max of your potential, complementing your big lifts.", Uhhhh, I'm not talking about bulking, I'm talking about strengthening. Big difference. The strongest guy on earth at the minute (relative to bodyweight) weighs 123lbs. The guy makes Lance Armstrong look fat & hes around 15x stronger.

You want strength???... Your not developing your muscular system you know. Your developing/stimulating the central nervous system.

Last edited by $ick3nin.vend3t; 02-03-10 at 06:46 PM.