View Single Post
Old 04-05-05, 12:31 PM
wannaride
Toughen the pluck up!

Bikes: 1990 KHS Sled; 2004 Specialized Sirrus Pro; 2005 Cannondale Saeco Replica

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
What is the route for the Key Biscayne loop?

Usually most people start around the LeJeune Circle and go through the Grove (nice but a bit too close to cars for my taste) or South Gables then the Grove, along Main Highway to South Bayshore to the start of the Rickenbacker Causeway. You can take the Causeway nonstop to the residential area. No problems in the residential area but stop for red lights 'cause the gendarmes will stop you. Fortunately there are only two lights. Nice ride to the start of the Cape Florida park. If you pay $1.00 you have a nice ride through the park but you won't be averaging 20mph. On the way back make sure you turn right to do the Virginia Key route which takes you down to Jimbo's and back.

From the South Gables to the beginning of Cape Florida its about 32 miles. You have one large fairly steep bridge to make things interesting. You can double back on the causeway portion and make it a 45 mile run without getting bored. Lots of bikers and runners and you are well away from cars except for a couple of places. Beautiful water and landscape views for most of the way especially along the causeway.

If you are really interested let me know and I'll send you a map or let me know when you want to run it and I'll show you instead.

Last edited by wannaride; 04-05-05 at 12:41 PM.