Old 02-07-10, 08:17 PM
Herbie53

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 485 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Reflecting on cycling during the Superbowl commercials....

Kind of a before / after progress / givin' myself an atta-boy thread... so, post your progress here as you see fit.. here's my thoughts.

I think there have been other threads like this (maybe I even started one), but once and awhile I think it's good to reflect on the fitness progress. I/we can sometimes get carried away talking about the latest wheels, a new TT bike, debating various components, or the arguing beauty of carbon... but really that's all just gravy. I suppose I could go post about that sort of stuff over in the Road or Racing forum, but I feel more connected to this place 'cuz there are more folks here on a similar journey.

The ability to spend a week riding in Hawaii was not just a great opportunity (we were there mostly on my wife's company's dime), but a bit of milestone in that less than two years ago, there was no way in h*** I could have ridden a bike 6 of 7 days in a week, let alone climb a 10,000 ft. mountain. For those who find my Hawaii trip sorta irratating to hear about, you should be happy to hear I used my new found fitness over the last two days shovelling my drive and the road after Snowmageddon. Couldn't have done that a couple years ago either!

My Martini swilling, buffalo wing eating, couldn't complete 12 miles on the MUP self..

Just climbed Haleakala and road around Maui (rode 270 miles and climbed 20,300 feet) for a week self..

Last edited by Herbie53; 02-10-10 at 11:00 AM.