Old 02-08-10, 01:22 PM
RT
The Weird Beard

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by knobster
I think you got the answers you got because of your know it all statement of them being inferior. They aren't inferior. They are what they are based off the application. DuraAce calipers would be inferior on a cyclocross bike in a race. Canti's would be inferior on a road race bike in a crit. It's about using the proper tool for the job. If you never plan on racing cross and needing large tire and mud clearance, then they aren't the improper tool for you. Change them and put the right brake that works in the riding that you do. For me, canti's are the proper tool. I use my bike(s) for all riding and many times this includes cross racing or sometimes some muddy off roading. I've learned the proper techniques to adjust canti's to where they function quite nicely for me on the road and while I don't do road racing, they work perfectly fine for the riding I do.

If you want supportive answers about how inferior canti brakes are, then post it in the road forum. You'll get no love here.
Well, I have a cyclo bike, not a road bike, and my 'know it all' statement came from past posts in THIS forum by other members. I'll get my answers and my English lessons from Google next time