View Single Post
Old 02-10-10, 04:16 PM
jdave5917

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Blow'n Snow in Harrisburg, PA

Hello all. Found this forum while looking for parts for some old schwinns. Currently working on a '79 Stingray for the grandsons and a '79 Lil Chick for the grandaughter (she turned one yesterday so I'm way out in front with that one). Pure coincidence that they both are '79s. Also own three early 70's Schwinn Contintentals that I bought for $100 a couple of years ago. That was under the guise of trying to help out my son who had been using a Continental as a commuter bike in Berkeley, CA and got into a tangle with a car in San Francisco. He was basically fine but his bike had some collateral damage. I bought these bikes thinking that I would strip the parts he needed and send them to him, but he decided he wasn't going to living in the land of Ahnold long enough to warrant that. So... I fixed up one as my commuter and plan to do at least one of the other two. My other son is interested in building a low rider so we've also been scouring the net for that kind of stuff.
My real gem is a 1938 Pope made by Westfield Manufacturing Company. Bought that for $200 as a total basket case at the Hershey car show about 10 years ago. Everyone looked at me very stange and laughed when I brought it home, but it looks real pretty these days.
I'm also an avid mountian biker and road rider so the basement is currently home to over 15 bicycles. I'm pretty sure I'm the oldest person to finish the Shenendoah 100 mountain bike race held annually outside Harrisonburg, VA. Not that being old is anything to be proud of.
Any questions or common interests - shoot a mail my way.