Trillian42
Don't Panic

Bikes: 2008 Jamis Aurora Elite

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by lambo_vt
I freaking love the Aurora Elite, especially if you have the color scheme I'm thinking of... blue and white? Back when it was more of a cyclocross bike than touring? Carbon fork, 10 speed with a double, etc, I think?
No, its "Ivory/Moss Green" (which looks more like a smoky blue in real life), but yes, Carbon fork, 10 speed etc, etc. I love this bike already.

Originally Posted by exile
Sorry, can't help with the name thing. I have a LHT and say "i'm gonna ride my LHT today".

Enjoy the bike and yes, you should ride it in the snow. I've ridden mine and enjoy the thrill of being overly cautious. I'm now waiting to see how long it will take me to fall off due to the ice, snow, and slush on the road after our recent storm.
While I'm with you that it would be fun, and there's that adrenaline rush of waiting to see if you're going to fall or not, I'm overly prone to falling while on two feet (and have the bruises to show for it). I have a couple of events (performances, auditions, etc) that require me to be mobile in the next month or so, so no riding for me (as much as I'd like to). As for the name thing, I've named it Shadow, and it works just fine for me.