View Single Post
Old 04-06-05, 08:15 AM
valygrl

Mentioned: 83 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 163 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by capsicum
It may have a lot to do with ones riding skills/style both with and without a trailer.

I don't see how a trailer that leans with the bike could possibly "highside" someone, I'm not saying it didn't or couldn't happen, I just don't see how it could.
Well, I had only been riding with the trailer for about 15 days, so it could have been a skill issue, but nothing like that ever happened without the trailer. I was going downhill, the trailer was heavily loaded, and the whole bike started oscillating from side to side, like the trailer was pushing me from behind. I had felt this kind of thing before, and been able to control it by braking gently, but this time, possibly due to speed, load, road conditions (?), the oscillation wouldn't come under control. It just increased until... well, honestly, someone told me I high sided, but I don't remember anything until the ambulance.

It could have been operator error, but I really don't know what I was doing wrong. I didn't grab a huge handful of brakes.

Anna