Old 02-14-10, 01:26 AM
Moozh

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
sigh....I'm nocturnal. Been this way since my night job while attending college back in eary 90's, great for "partying 'til the early light" but hard pressed to explain myself to the square-gentry. Something 'broke' in me working the graveyard shift that has never righted itself, I'll fall asleep when the ol' carcass tells me to sleep and 'somehow' I'll be awake by 7:30am..bleary eyed, but awake.

Unfortunately I'm your height 6'4" but..ahem..250lbs (all muscle of course..ahem..), but got the insight that although probably stock cheap-os, the stock wheels are 36-spoke and strong enough to carry the bulk...erm....muscle, also picked up a brooks flyer seat (with the rear spring) to lend a hand with comfort. When I bought the bike I was same height but perhaps 200lbs in splendid shape.

It's not a good visual complement for the bike but I think comfort before aesthetic with regard this specific item is in order. As I sat down and concocted my plan of attack this was my solution to the stiff ride I expect from the high psi conti's (115 psi is where I have them). Because of my lack of knowledge, I believed the 'benefits' of a low roll resistance tire to lend a hand with the handicap of my present state of physical health (not the superman I want to believe I am; energy/stamina will def be an issue to work on), this partnered with a saddle that could offset the harsh bumps was in order. I hope that makes sense.

My hope is to stay consistent and work cycling into my lifes routine and hopefully in the near future justify the cost of a new bike (or frameset) if I indeed stick with it, become better informed and more knowledgeable about what I need/want for the type of cycling I actually do.

Believe me, I'm 'jonesin like moses' to ride this bike, its just too slick and icy outside for these tread-less tires I think. Hate to have a spill 40-feet from my front door where all the neighbors can see...and chuckle.

Last edited by Moozh; 02-14-10 at 02:00 AM.