View Single Post
Old 02-14-10, 09:24 PM
sjpitts 

Bikes: 90 Bridgestone MB2/3, 97 Lemond Zurich, 97 Waterford 2200, 95 Mondonico Futura Leggero

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Here is my new "training bike"-- an 85 Ironman. Serial Number KG511802

The components are mostly shimano 600. The early friction version.
Cranks: FG-6207 JA
Front D: FD-6207 JG
Rear D: FD-6207
Brakes: BR-6207 JE
Sugino Seatpost
Nitto Stem

I have swaped some wide Nitto Noodle bars, with Tektro brake levers and intermediate levers. I also put on some Wheels I had lying around. The wheels are Mavic MA40 with Mavic 501 hubs, and a suntour seven speed freewheel. The original wheels are Araya with MF-6207 freewheel (they are hanging in the garage waiting for me to decide what to do with them-- I might put them back on it--but I want a "tough wheel" for "training"). I put on an 8 speed chain I had, but it is too short so I need to get a new one.

I am still trying to decide what to do about tires. The 26c Kendas came with the wheels, but I also have 28c Serfas Seca's and some 25c gatorskins.

I am also still looking for a 39t chainring to help me get up the hills.

It is nice and scratched up, but also it does not look too bad from a distance. That is basically perfect for my purposes.

And thanks to Robbie for telling me to snag it when I got the chance. Other than maybe the siliver 85's this is my favorite of the Ironman paint schemes.

Jared

PS-- can someone tell me what the proper replacement brake pads are for those brakes. I know kool stop are suppose to be good, but I don't know which ones fit these brakes.

Last edited by sjpitts; 02-14-10 at 09:28 PM.