Old 04-06-05, 04:59 PM
angrystan

Bikes: 2004 Bianchi Ocelot, 1986 Mariushi CT-12

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Ranger
Consider some of the comfort bikes that are available at your local bike shop.
I was thinking the Sun Cruisers and even the low-end Electra bikes were a little overpriced for an experiment of sorts, but I don't want Pop to either ride with, say, bad brakes, or as he would do, re-engineer the thing.
The bike will be very upright and comfortable and also have a suspended seat post. My name is Ranger because i bought a Schwinn Ranger from Target about 19 months ago. I took it back to Target and got a refund because i could tell i needed a better bike.

If I would have kept the bike from Target i would have likely quit by now. It was very suspect in terms of quality. It also was too small for me. Those bikes come in one size, whereas you get multiple sizes at the LBS.
Oddly, that one-size-fits-few bike size is just about right for me, and I think I know exactly what I'm going to look like in thirty year 'cause he lives in the next zip code, so that, is not so critical.

A couple hundred bucks might be chump change if your dad takes to riding and reaps the many rewards it can offer.
I think I will take your advice and drag Pop over to the LBS and see what does anything for him.