View Single Post
Old 04-06-05, 06:57 PM
Wheely

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hi everyone. Thanks for the response.

I've been at the bike shop tonight to try out the Fuji...They took some measurements to come up with a bike size that would be best for me. However, when I tryed out the bike it seemed like the handlebar felt a little low.

My inseam was 85cm and torso 62cm and my height is 5"'9" (178cm). They determined that the proper size bike should be a 55cm seattube and 55cm top tube. That being said, they said the 54cm fuji would likely be better for me then the 58cm. When trying the 54cm bike, even when setting the handle bar to maximum height, it seemed a little low to me (I know this might have to do a little with preference of the rider ... The Fuji web site suggest that the standover height for a 58cm frame is 83.33cm...so based on my inseam of 85cm...wouldn't you think the 58cm frame would be better ?

Anyway...sadly...they did not have a 58cm in stock so I couldn't really try out that one.

I'll probably try the Trek 520 21" (which might be closer to the Fuji 54) and the 520 53" (which would be closer to the Fuji 58) to give me a better idea as to if the larger frame feels better...and I'll see if the bike shop can get a 58cm Fuji so I can try it out.

Anyway, any advise on frame sizing would be really appreciated.

Thanks

Wheely