View Single Post
Old 04-06-05, 07:43 PM
spindog
Respect Your Hill

Bikes: 2007 Colnago CLX Carbon, 2 Cannondale R2000Si's (road), 1 Trek (road), 1 Cannondale (Mtn)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by angrystan
I'd like some advice considering that if I were to buy and assemble this myself (adding fenders, rear flasher, bell and maybe one of those flags if I can find one locally) it would be an investment of about $170 ready to roll. I don't know if I can talk him into a helmet which I swear by ...
I bought my 65 year old Father a Raleigh Mountain bike from the LBS last year. He loves the "looks" and I even convinced him that he "looks" really cool with a helmet on his head. At first he thought he would rather ride without a helmet, but not only did I express the importance to him but he sees that "all of the bikers wear them" and he certainly wants to look like he knows what he is doing. We picked out a helmet together and he wears it EVERY TIME.

As far as the bike goes - the Raleigh Mountain bike worked out great. The bike shop fitted him to it and he was out the door with a cost to me of under $200. He has been very comfortable on it and can use it on the road or the trails and he gets all of the perks of adjustments/tune ups/ discounts/ etc at the LBS.

Don't know much about the bikes you are asking about - this is just my experience. Good Luck.