View Single Post
Old 02-20-10, 05:09 PM
robertv

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Well yes, it could actually help.
Not nearly as much as a full work out, but as a supplement to a proper work out it could really help. I remember reading a little while back about a strength coach who had one of his athletes randomly do powercleans, just one, throughout the day. Each time just one powerclean. This was in conjunction with a serious weight lifting regimen. Those single excercises done 30 times a day every day(except for rest days I assume) had a good effect on his overal performance. If he'd only done that he probably wouldnt have gotten very far with it, but with a serious regimen as well he saw greater gains.
I find this to be a good technique for people who want to be able to do more pull ups. Just set up a pull up bar somewhere in your house. Everytime you see it, do just one pull up. Your maximum pull ups will increase. This is good for people who struggle with more than 5 pull ups. So yes, there are some gains to be made from small amounts of "exercise snacking". You still need the full meals though.