NBS 4life

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hey guys,

On the beer and pizza thing...

Two ways of looking at it.

One way to look at it is that every unit of alcohol that you put into your body must be metabolised by your liver. For that period of time (one unit/ hour approx) all other fat oxidation is completely stopped. So, if you were to drink 10 units of alcohol it will take your body 10 hours to metabolise it. So that Pizza full of fat is stored as just that. Fat. Now this is never a good thing. Not only for your liver but for your physique and fuel metabolism effieciency. If you gain weight then obviously your relative Vo2 decreases. This is a bit far reaching anyway. That is kind of my opinion on it based on science.

The other way of looking at it is that you are bringing new stimuli. If you do the same thing over and over (diet) then your body adapts to it and your adaptation slows down. So if you have that "re-feed" then it can "shock" your body into new adaptation.

So to answer your question. In my opinion I dont think it will harm you as an athlete once in a while. I dont think that it would be serious enough to hinder your adaptation to your training. As for the next days ride, all endurance athletes should aim for effecient fat oxidation, I think that any ride, apart from rides through injury, will be benificial to your training. They might just be less effective. I think this is pretty likely. I hope that kind of answers your question without getting silly with details.

Meal Timing - Dependant on goals but yes, important. Correct meal timing and macro nutrient intake can safe guard you from muscle atrophy and catabolism. Generally you should try and get protein in every meal. It is important your post training meal contains simple carbs and BCAA's. Always try and consume 45 - 55% of your daily intake from Carbs, more if you are a true endurance athlete. 30% protein and 20% fat. Try and get some protein in the form of Casein in the evening before bed.

Any more questions?
Rongo.

P.s. Daspydyr you need to allow people to send you PM's