View Single Post
Old 02-25-10, 03:24 PM
phillyrider
peddling fool

Bikes: Mid 50's Frejus, Late 50's Frejus, Early 1960s Frejus Professional, Mid 1960's Frejus Professional, Early 70's Gloria (branded), 76 Blue Pogliaghi

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
531 Ted Williams Free Spirit (Puch)

I don't usually pull trash bikes from the side of the road. However with the snow, I stopped after seeing this bike in the snow for well over week. It was full of leaves, rotted tires - trash condition.

The reason that I pulled it was because I saw a crane RD. Plan was to pick the crane RD, take everyting else to the dump.

I pulled the wheels. Noticed that the front drop-outs were shimano. There were adjustment screws in the back. Wait a second...this frame seem light.

Where I'm at - except for the RD and some weinmann center pulls and the frame. All parts are in the trash. The front stem is frozen. I can't get the front stem out.

BF search came up with this:
http://www.bikeforums.net/showthread...ms+free+spirit

Not my pics - but the bike is exactly (same color, everything) like attachments:

My question - what is a 531 ted williams free spirit frame worth? I don't really need it but wanted to trade it for parts in the BF marketplace. Condition is marginal. Bottom bracket is tange - but needs overhaul.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
freesprit3.jpg (77.2 KB, 85 views)
freespirit 2.jpg (67.4 KB, 77 views)
Freespirit1.jpg (80.4 KB, 108 views)

Last edited by phillyrider; 02-25-10 at 03:28 PM.