Old 04-08-05, 07:54 AM
Cyclist0094
Banned.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Rowan
I say this because I've read one too many reports about BG's confrontational attitude towards his clients. Including *the* Crazy Guy on a Bike.

Just adding a bit of balance.
I'm not a member of Bruce's fan club ,never met the man, nor do I ride his bikes.

While it is fair to point out Bruce's alledged shortcomings, however in fairness if you are going to reference Neil Gunton's review of his BG Rock and Road ,the full context of Neil's comments should be provided. Neil had some negative things to say about his experience with Bruce but in the end he still recommended the bike.
http://www.crazyguyonabike.com/journ.../?page_id=6642

If you search around the web there is also another page where a guy is PO'ed Because Bruce said he doesn't build custom bikes for 240 lb cyclists.

A year or two ago this all came to a head on the Touring@phred email list of which Bruce is a participent.
Bruce took a pretty good beating , most of the complaints as I recall were about Bruce being short and curt on the phone( he is the guy building the frame), other complaints were about Bruce being unyielding about his custom designs and part specifications. all valid complaints. Bruce responded publicly to everyone's complaints and pledged to do a better job on customer service. As far as I can tell most everyone seems satisfied these days.

My only critisism of Bruce is that he only participates in discussions here to promote his product which IMO is poor etiquette.

Last edited by Cyclist0094; 04-08-05 at 08:09 AM.