View Single Post
Old 03-04-10, 09:46 PM
Ritterview
Tandem Vincitur

Bikes: BMC Pro Machine SLC01, Specialized Globe, Burley Rock 'N Roll tandem, Calfee Dragonfly tandem.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by TandemGeek
Alpha Q is still [Co-Motion's] OEM offering and will remain so until their fairly robust in-house supply of X2's is exhausted.
I emailed Co-Motion to ask them about the Edge fork on their NAHBS tandem, and to inquire as to their plans with the demise of True-Temper. Their response, which I told them I would share with the BF Tandem Cycling forum:

Originally Posted by Co-Motion
Hello Ritterview,

Thanks for contacting us. I've spoken with Mark Livingood about this, so assumed he would share some info with the group. The Macchiato we had in our booth at the NAHBS show belongs to one of our dealers who installed the Edge fork of his own volition. Edge does not have a tandem-ready fork, although they are one of the manufacturers we have been working with to make a suitable replacement.

We are currently receiving prototypes for testing purposes from 3 different manufacturers. After we run our own tests as well as some third party tests we will have a Co-Motion branded tandem fork. Price, weight, geometry and appearance will be similar to the Alpha Q X2. We have enough X2 forks to last us through May, not for resale, but to outfit the tandems we spec them on. Don't be concerned about us being "dead in the water". We've been working on this project since last fall.

Best regards,

Dwan Shepard

Co-Owner

Co-Motion Cycles, Inc.
4765 Pacific Avenue
Eugene, OR 97402
541-342-2210
So,
  • The Edge fork on the NAHBS Machiato did not signify a Co-Motion endorsement.
  • Co-Motion is testing forks from 3 manufacturers, one of which is Edge.
  • Co-Motion will pick one of these to market as a Co-Motion fork.
  • They will need a Co-Mo branded fork by May, when they exhaust their supply of Alpha-Q's.

Nice that Co-Motion is working on this, as a new carbon tandem fork is a welcome development.

Sweet Macchiato from NAHBS, nicely equipped with with ZG's, Topolino's and an Edge fork.