View Single Post
Old 03-07-10, 02:17 AM
Greyryder
Powerful-Ugly Creature

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Just had too much fun tearing around on my bike when I was a kid. I didn't want to stop. Probably why I still insist on riding a BMX race bike, even though it's poorly suited to the riding I like to do.

I did stop riding for about nine years, after I discovered the intarwebs. I started riding again last year, for the exercise. I kept riding, after I rediscovered how much fun it is.

As for falling in love with my bike, I fell in love with the look of Supercross BMX bikes in the early 90s, after I saw one in an issue of BMX Plus! I like the unusual, and the sub stay rear triangle is both unusual, and functional. I was finally able to get myself one, just before new year 1999/2000. They were out of my first color choice, so I got a blue one. I'm happy about that, since I finally came out of my black phase, shortly after I got it. The frame set does have a few eccentricities. The drop outs are too close together, and the canti mounts are too far apart and too far forward. It makes working on the bike interesting, but not impossible. I take it as a reminder to be careful what you wish for, you just might get it.