View Single Post
Old 03-10-10, 04:14 PM
Oldpeddaller

Bikes: 1970 Holdsworth Mistral, Vitus 979, Colnago Primavera, Corratec Hydracarbon, Massi MegaTeam, 1935 Claud Butler Super Velo, Carrera Virtuoso, Viner, 1953 Claud Butler Silver Jubilee, 1954 Holdsworth Typhoon, 1966 Claud Butler Olympic Road, 1982 Claud

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked 8 Times in 7 Posts
Hi Standard Issue, welcome to the C&V Forum! Sorry, I've no idea really what it would be worth - it's worth what someone is willing to pay (not very helpful, I know but true!) The price you can ask also seems to vary by the area you are in and the time of year you try to sell it. Atom's suggestion is worth a look.

From your photo it looks to be in great shape and a careful clean should polish away tarnish on aluminium. Just been polishing some badly weathered rims, brakes and a stem myself and after an hour and a half they are all like new. See Khatfull's post about his Fuji Tivoli for details of the method, it really works! That bike's a great find and someone should snap it up. Good luck with that and finding a nice C&V bike in your size - post pictures of it here, we like looking at them :-)