View Single Post
Old 04-10-05, 09:30 PM
tarr2468

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Cynikal
I just picked up a rigid fork from my lbs for $10 and it's suspension corrected. Go to yours and ask, they probably have a box of them in the back.

Go the spacer route, when you are digging around at the bike store also ask them for an old cassette. Take it home and tear it appart. Also take you cassette appart and pick the gear you have been using and fill everything else up with spacers. Viola!
Really? when I first set up my singlespeed, I asked a guy at the bikeshop about a using an old cassette and the gear from my current cassette and he told me you cant do it , maybe i worded it wrong though. Tomorrow I will stop by and ask them about the fork and the cassette, how do the cassettes come apart? are any special tools needed? (besides the one to take the cassette off of the hub)
I have decided to keep my hub for sure now, but I still want new rims,(the ones on there now bend too easily) are sun rhino lites any good, or will I have the same problem with them?
Again, thanks for putting up with all my stupid questions , I really appreciate your help and I am starting to understand all of this

Last edited by tarr2468; 04-10-05 at 09:57 PM.