View Single Post
Old 03-20-10, 03:17 AM
Timber_8

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by ZIPP2001
Hey Timber 8 I like the bike set-up, how do you like the handlebar set-up ? Are you able to use the aero bars much on your commute ? I had to much to do Thursday , but was able to roll out 25 miles today. The weather looks great for Saturday so I'm hoping for a longer ride, just have to get out early before my daughter comes for a visit.
I use the aero bars quite a bit on my downhill runs and flat road. When I'm strong and running at a good clip they make it easier to maintain the pace longer. The butterfly bars are new this year and I can not say enough good thing about those. I can't use a bar bag because of the aero bars and I found that Nashbar rack & bag for short money on line. I use it for the critical gear that never leave the bike & it works great to hold the battery pack for the lamp in both mounting positions. It is a great commuter/century bike. I am changing out the peddles today & going clipless, the stock peddles are starting to feel sloppy. I want to change to clipples early in my training this year anyway.

Last edited by Timber_8; 03-20-10 at 03:22 AM.