SSP
Software for Cyclists

Bikes: Trek 5200, Specialized MTB

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by koffee brown
Does SSP mean Software Shameless Promotions?

Sounds like good software, dood. Congrats on the write upin Cycling news!

Koffee
Thanks. Actually, SSP is for "Shasta Software Prez" (I try not to be too shameless in promoting it, but "you can't sell what you don't tell", and I do try to be informative and on-topic as much as possible).

CycliStats *is* good software, and (hopefully) getting better. Just last week I released version 4.7 that includes some new tools for mountain goats (a new "Climbing Calculator", plus average Rate of Climb for each ride), plus new graphs for "time in heart rate zone", and the ability to see graphs in 3D.

When my consulting and contract programming business started to drop off a year or so ago (due mostly to offshoring), I decided to try and combine my two passions - programming and cycling. It's still a struggle, but I'd rather be "doing what I love" than working in a basement cubicle for the county. The writeup in cyclingnews.com certainly helped my download rate, and I'm hoping their tech guy will follow it up in a month or so with a more in-depth review.

If anyone has any questions or suggestions for CycliStats, feel free to PM me, or email me at garyg@shastasoftware.com.