khutch
Sumerian Street Rider

Bikes: Dahon Mu P8, Fuji Absolute 1.0

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Monkey Face

At first glance I can't see much past a Cannondale Quick CX, but I'd appreciate any other suggestions - possibly a flat-bar road/cyclocross bike, as long as it has room for bigger tyres for the paths.
There are tons of alternatives, that one was on my short list until I found out that the local REI did not carry Cannondale. It looked like a good bike to me and if you already have one that you like a lot there are enough alternatives to drive you mad once you start looking at them so it is almost better to just go with your gut! I ended up with a Fuji Absolute 1.0 that after only a couple weeks of ownership, and much of that spoiled by poor spring weather, has already proved that it is perfect for the paths and roads I intend to take it over. I intentionally took it over a path more rugged than any I mean to ride it on ever again and it handled that flawlessly too. And this was on 28 mm tires so you might not need bigger tires if your local "paths" are better than dirt tracks through the woods which is what I was on Monday. All the local experts told me they were wide enough, I just could not believe it until I had tried it myself. Now I do....

Ken