Old 03-25-10, 07:20 PM
duffetta 

Bikes: 2021 Giant Revolt Advanced Pro 1, 2019 AllCity Macho Man commuter, 2015 Fuji Gran Fondo Shimano 105

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by guy2600 View Post
Wachusett Mt doesn't open for a while, looking for a good place/section of hills for repeated hill climbs- I live in metro west. Any suggestions?
In Waltham on Winter St. just west of 128 is a set of office parks. There is a good place that I used to do hill repeats running when I was training for marathons. The uphill portion is about 1/2 mile. Might be shorter than you want on a bike. Perfect for running. Have a look at http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=3577678

In Brookline, Summit Ave starting on Beacon Street in just west of Coolidge Corner is a wicked hill. Straight up. I live near there and do some hill repeats there as well. I've never ridden my bike up it though. Again, only about 1/2 mile, but it is STEEP.

Last one. There is a set of hill repeats that you can do on Beacon hill. It is sometimes referred to as "The Beacon Hell". Again, mostly for runners, but if you start at Cambridge St. and Hancock St. Ascending and decending each street and working your way west and then south, there are about 13 ascents and descents that you can do without repeating a street. Again, really good hill workout for runners. These streets can get busy, so we normally run these early morning.

Good luck.
Mark