Old 03-26-10, 08:00 PM
sherbornpeddler

Bikes: 3 speeds, mountain, road and recumbent

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Liked 28 Times in 16 Posts
Almost any road in to Hopkington from the north, east or south offers pretty good hill work then continue in the direction of Zipp's turf and Upton and Grafton are nice. If you laugh at those hills, go see Zipp.

Closer in, less altitude, a little more rolling and a tad loopy is a route from Dover Center to Strawberry Hill/WilsondaleSummer south to Rt 109W in Westwood, north on Dover Rd/Powisett/Walpole back to Dover Center then Centre/Pine to Medfield back up Centre or over Farm and Springdale to...Dover Center.

Gather around, lean on your helmets and I'll tell you a story about Baie St. Paul in Quebec. A 22, a couple of 21s and several 18 percent hills, most 3 or 4 kilometers. In truth the 22 is only 1 kilometer. Most cyclists were mildly concerned about tipping over before they could unclip on the way up but really fear on the downhill side that if they tried braking, they'd over heat their rim and blow out the inner tube.

When it comes to hills, bicycling is special.

Probably ought to be another thread but anyone ever wonder why it is that snow was deeper, we'd walk to school further, kites flew higher, even floods were deeper but as I get older I can see plain as day, hills get steeper?

Last edited by sherbornpeddler; 03-26-10 at 08:01 PM. Reason: spacing