DnvrFox
Banned.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 12 Times in 10 Posts
Originally Posted by billydonn
Denver,
The chips are hard to evaluate due to the poor pictures at the Craigslist site. If they go deep and are not just surface layer scratches then caution might be in order. Perhaps someone with more experience with CF will chime in on that question. As to the stem/fit issue: I have size 55 Lemond with the traditional frame (steel Wayzata) and a CF Beunos Aires size 55 and cockpit size on them is about the same. I believe you have long torso and short legs. So do I. I would not anticipate a fit problem.

The stem on the new bke looks like it is already flipped up and is a pretty short one so there may not be too much adjustment possible there. But these types of stems are easy to replace if you need to do that. Judging from the pictures, you will probably need to lower the saddle a good bit to achieve a decent fit for the test ride, which will obviously mean you are raising the relative height of the stem.

These are great bikes but be aware that this bike is a lghtweight sports car and in no way the family sedan. If you get it, you may have serious problems keeping up with your low HR training program!
Thanks for the great response(s) Billy and everyone!!