billydonn
Council of the Elders

Bikes: 1990 Schwinn Crosscut, 5 Lemonds

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
Originally Posted by BigBlueToe
There are so many reasons to ride. My own focus can vary from ride to ride, minute to minute.

Okay, I've never done TM and I certainly don't know what I'm talking about when I compare it to cycling. But I do know cycling, and I still enjoy how my mind freely wanders while I ride.
I'm sure we all daydream while riding sometimes, and I do too. But I would never say that is why I ride or the primary source of the "fun" in riding. I am interesed in improving my competence as a cyclist but I would not describe myself as competitive at all. As the title of a recent thread said, "There is much to learn."

I love to ride. It does relax me afterward. But there is much more to my interest in cycling than relaxation.

"Serious leisure is the systematic pursuit of an amateur, hobbyist, or volunteer core activity that is highly substantial, interesting, and fulfilling and where, in the typical case, participants find a career in acquiring and expressing a combination of its special skills, knowledge, and experience."

Last edited by billydonn; 03-27-10 at 09:48 PM.