Banned.

Bikes: GF Wahoo '05, Trek T1000 '04, Lemond Buenos Aires '07

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 7 Times in 2 Posts
Take a chill pill, Bill

Bill = mods.

Seems like we go through this about every 18 months where the mods justify their existence in this peaceful backwater forum by moving things hither and yon, and locking threads.

To me, the 50+ forum could be entitled ElderFoo, where (most of us) gather to whine about prostate problems and colonoscopies, with an occasional cycling thread tossed in to keep the Feds off our back.

Why the Girl Scout cookie thread was moved to Foo is beyond me. As I am married and not on the make, I have no use for Foo and wouldn't have caught the thread if it were posted there originally.

Then there was the broken glass thread, which was heavily encoded and involved Baby Bikes and Brother Bikes and a bunch of stuff I wasn't sure I understood. However, none of the posts were inflammatory or rude. I even caught myself kind of agreeing with BluesDawg, which I never do. It scared the heck out of me, to be honest.

Just two short years ago posters would fire barbs at the administration in power and other than suffering occasional return fire (often by me) they were left unchecked. The one time I complained to the moderators about the political nature of a thread I was told to go stuff it.

If the conversation is polite I don't think the moderators should get involved. If they do, they need to be even-handed about it.

If you need help with that concept, ask me to join the moderators and I'll keep it fair and balanced around here.

Otherwise chill out. You'll going to have to get used to the concepts of "question authority" and "ignore alien orders" now that you're the aliens.

I guess that's about it.