View Single Post
Old 08-18-02, 01:05 PM
digger

Mentioned: 213 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1295 Post(s)
Liked 157 Times in 132 Posts
No, I don't think it was badly organized, but I don't have anything to compare it with.

The area we ride has very low traffic but very few loops to do differant distances. Unless you head out and come back the same road. What happens is you ride from one town to another (85k away) attend a banquet and BBQ, stay overnight and ride back the next day.

I rode pretty much the same route today, looking out for this truck, fortunately I didn't see him.

I am gonna talk to the organizer about including some safety pamphlets in next years MS Rie package that goes out to all cyclists. I had written 2 safety pamphlets about 1.5 years ago which are now being used in the Drivers Ed handbook for this province. The provincial govt is also in the process of printing oout several thousand of these for distribution as an official govt document. I can get several hundred and give them to the organizers to include in the MS package.

I know that it is the drivers that need this more, but I believe tempers flared when alot of cyclists were riding 3-4 abreast, and not moving over to allow cars to pass. One of the organizers was asking the cyclists to please ride single file, when a vehicle wishes to pass.

Anyway, I'll see what they say when I bring it up.