View Single Post
Old 05-24-01, 12:15 AM
Joe Gardner
BikeForums Founder

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I have seen a half dozen or so great websites out there with forums, that are dead, or there using bad software, the sites get great traffic, some get a few hundred users a day, or more. Let me tell you, it is HARD to get forums going! This site took almost 18 months before it really took off, I want to offer these other webmasters my forums on there site, with there look.

They (the other bike sites) would have an instant community where there users can come back day after day to read the forums. We (the users here) would also have the privilege of new users every day, more people to talk with, more posts, and more ideas tossed around. Its seriously a win-win situation.

A lot of these webmasters that have forums cant put in the few hours a day it takes to run them, they don't have a server big enough to handle the traffic and load. The server that this site on is a P-III 633 with 512meg of ram, It can hold up to 250 concurrent users at any given time, and the software is able to hold over 2,000,000 posts!

I can offer the forums for there site free of charge, I will take care of all moderation and administration, I would take care of backing up the forums, and keeping them running, and promotion of the forums, awesome idea, isn't it? Now I just need to find the top 10 - 15 cycling sites on the Internet that want to co-brand with me, I don't want to have too many sites co-branded with me, as I don't really want *every* good site showing the same forums, I want the end user to think that the site they visit the forums from really has over 5000 registered members and is the biggest forum on the net

Remind me to delete this thread once we find the best cycling sites on the net...