Chris516
24-Speed Machine

Bikes: 2003 Specialized Allez 24-Speed Road Bike

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by AdamDZ
Back of the knee hurts is when your saddle is too high and you stretched your leg. Or, you might have done some stretching exercises that were too intensive or you weren't warmed up yet.

You need to rest to avoid any further damage, whenever you lie down rise the leg up using a pillow and always keep it slightly bent, put ice dressing on it like once a day, wear knee brace or some elastic band. You can also try some antinflamatory meds like Ibuprofen but it needs to be combined with resting the leg, by itself it won't help much. After the pain is gone rest for a couple more days and take it easy for a week to prevent the injury from coming back.

Identify what caused the injury and address it.

It's known as RICE:

Rest
Ice
Compression
Elevation
Thanks

I did raise the saddle a couple of weeks ago a little bit so, I will lower it back to the position I had it before I raised it.

The only thing I won't do is, use Ibuprofen for the pain because, I don't want to get a false sense of relief from the lack of pain due to the medication. I don't want to react to that, by going out n' injuring it further, because of mistakenly thinking it was better. I didn't use Ibuprofen for the same reason, when I got a hairline fracture in my right wrist, from a moronic crash in mall parking lot, back in 2003/4.

The RICE I definitely agree with.