View Single Post
Old 04-02-10, 01:16 PM
WebsterBikeMan

Bikes: Nishiki Continental, Bilenky custom travel tinker, home built winter bike based on Nashbar cross frrame

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by WheresWaldo
There is only one subject in my comment, that is 'TPM.' This method in sentence two still refers to the same subject. I really thought that was clear and don't want a grammar lesson .
What I am saying is that for OOP TPM should be renamed TOM as I can't see an easy way to not start with the Stoker completely clipped in if you use an OOP crank setup.
Look, I wasn't trying to give a grammar lesson. But since you put it that way, the usual assumption is that the antecedent is the most recent noun or noun phrase. And in this case you had just described the alternative to "TPM" - although you didn't specifically use the word "method", it sure looks like a method. So I was truly left with reading it as either TPM is impossible for out-of-phase or assuming you didn't really mean what it looked like you were saying. Given that I was unsure, I didn't want to leave someone less familiar with tandeming to get the wrong impression. Now I suppose someone can chime in that they use the "one foot down each" method, and by somehow having the cranks in just the right position make it work with OOP.