Mr. Beanz
Banned.

Bikes: Lemond Chambery/Cannondale R-900/Trek 8000 MTB/Burley Duet tandem

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by chipcom
Thanks for going to the trouble of doing your own investigation and posting it.
I've been using Fusions on a couple of my bikes for three years or so and love them, but put a new set of Deep V's on my main commuter this past fall. I have had no issues so far.
It's funny cause the poster rec's Mavic rims. I have never had a good experience with Mavic, OP's being the worst! I do have CXP33 on the front of one roadie but, that's the front and Idont rid eit as much. My buddy had a 36 CXP on his roadie, same weight as I, and his builder could never keep it true. Maybe the builder but.......

I would give the Kinlins a try. Looks like a good wheel but looks like a Velocity Deep V to me, only 5 mm shallow and 50 gms lighter (I read the numbers but forgot exacts). But for the same price, lighter weight and shallow rim, I need all the help I can get a I'm pretty hard on wheels. I'd stay with the V myself after so many good experiences. I see Psimet built a set of Kilins for a 150 guy in the road forum. I'm 70,80 lbs heavier, I'l keep the extra 5 mm and few grams of weight on the V as reinforcement.