View Single Post
Old 04-13-05, 11:45 AM

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Originally Posted by cheebahmunkey
oh no I did breath into the RMR machine but the body fat calculator was really cheap. I could go out and buy one of those handheld things. I didn't need him to do that, I needed him to take measurements of my fat %. So I don't doubt that my RMR is 1680 but the calorie expenditure he gave me seems very low. It only allows me 500 extra calories per day. That seems quite low in that in one hour I could burn off that 500 calories if I exercise. Then I have the rest of the day to burn off however many calories I can burn. I think alison_in_oh is right. 2150-2200 should be my minimum but again I'm not an expert and he apparently was.

Ok, well the good news is that the number given is at REST. If you are doing more exercise, you should be able to burn more calories. Plus, you burn more calories over the day if you do exercise. It's not like you burn extra calories during the ride, then you stop burning those extra calories afterwards.

That RMR machine is very accurate. It's one of the best in the industry, so I would believe it over an online calculator anyday.

All is not lost. Build up some extra muscles and up your cardio by about 20 minutes a day, and you'll be on track to increasing your RMR.

Koffee