Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
APRIL 4th UPDATE (3,775)

As always, these are just summaries. The actual entries with linked
objectives, video's etc... can be found here:
Blog: http://tandemgeek.wordpress.com
Web: http://www.thetandemlink.com

---------------------------

The Motorcycle Bike Carrier, Part 2

No, no… it’s working out just great. With just under 100 miles of bike portage it’s really turned out to be a pretty slick set-up. Of course, it draws about as many curious looks and comments by passers-by as our somewhat gnarly, full-suspension, tandem mountain bike, i.e., “I don’t think I’ve ever seen (fill [...]
Read more…

Bloggishnish: April 4

Well, we had our one day of Spring-like weather here in Georgia early last week before the temps shot right through the upper 60’s and lower 70’s to the 80’s. I swear, it seems like it does that every year. One day you’re wearing tights, long-sleeve jerseys and wind vests in the afternoon and [...]
Read more…

CycleOps Pro300T Indoor Cycle

From the SanDiego Crank Blog comes this breaking product news: Ryan Dotters with CycleOps Power dropped off a special prototype bike for me yesterday at Crank Cycling, the Pro300T Indoor Cycle. That’s right. The “T” stands for tandem. People want to train like they ride, so for all of you tandem riders, here is your chance to [...]
Read more…

Eugene, Oregon, Set to debut Tandem Cyclocross World Championships

From Christopher Bagg at Cyclocross Magazine come’s this exciting new event for tandem enthusiasts: Sal Collura, organizer of innovative cycling events (he ran last September’s inaugural ‘Cross-Over Stage Race, bringing three ‘Cross events together for one weekend of racing), will bring the flavor of the departed-for-Seattle Single-Speed Cyclocross World Championships (SSCXWC) back to Oregon when he [...]
Read more…

Just for Tandem Newbies… and just in time for Spring

In case you haven’t explored my companion Website, thetandemlink.com or read my “What’s the Point” page here on the Blog, my original reason for creating “The Tandem Link” back in the late 90’s was to share various links to tandem related information I had discovered on the Internet a few years earlier while doing my [...]
Read more…

Tennessee Tandem Rally Now Filled

Like the Georgia Tandem Rally (GTR) held in May, the Tennessee Tandem Rally (TTR) is another annual event here in the Southeast US where the total number of team that can participate is kept somewhat small compared to the Big 3 Rallies (i.e., the Midwest Tandem Rally, Eastern Tandem Rally & Northwest Tandem Rally). In fact, [...]
Read more…

Sneak Peek: The Motorcycle “Bicycle Trunk Rack”

I may share some more detailed photos once I complete my proof-of-concept / real world testing. On the bright side, it did not shift, loosen, or move around on my daily commute where my top speed over the 28 mile round-trip doesn’t see much more than 55 mph – 60 mph. Yes, it’s a bit of [...]
Read more…

Price Drop: Co-Motion’s Gates Carbon Drive

Funny how what goes around comes around on the Internet, eh? Well, I had one of those experiences today when someone made mention our good friend Dwan Shepard at Co-Motion Cycles had posted out a note on the Co-Motion Facebook page regarding my VeloTV Blog entry this past week. Not being a FoF (Fan of Facebook), someone [...]
Read more…

I Learn Something New Every Day…. Pivoting Tandem Mounts

In fact, there are some days when I learn quite a few new things and often times they are related to tandems and tandeming. I had two such learning experiences this past week in and amongst my ramblings on bikeforums.net. The first had to do with tandem roof racks. While I knew that RockyMounts had [...]
Read more…

Bloggishnish: March 28th

Well, we’ve been able to get out for some friendly tandem rides with a few other teams for 3-weeks in a row!! I think our sum total of on-road mileage for the year up and until that point was somewhere under 200 miles for a variety of reasons, none of them really good other than [...]
Read more…